Friday, September 25, 2015

Holy scary rollin'!

September 25, 2015
It was just a few days ago that it was really nice and sunny – I think it was Monday or Tuesday.  There was a gentleman out on a bicycle ride.  


I think it might’ve been a test ride on a Walmart bicycle (if there is such a thing).  I also saw this bike parked by the creek where a young rapscallion was obviously up to some happy fun adventurin’ of some sort.  

Aw, those were the days!
Then it got rainy 

and I was glad I had recently purchased some lovely Zefal avec accente fenders.  
Then it got sunny again, but ye ol’ mudslide had been reactivated sumthin’ fierce!
It's muddier than it looks!
And that about sums it up.
Also there is this exciting bicycling event coming up soon https://www.facebook.com/events/553908208016443/ - it's the Haunted Hummel Park Halloween Ride on October 10!  
Should be a scream!

“How’s about them fenders?” you may be asking?  No?  Por que?  As we USians are clearly the fenders for the madly spinning Mexican wheels which protect the precious, fur-lined bicycle seat of Canada, we really should appreciate the humble role of the fender more frequently.
Here is a Fender that was made in Mexico and is used in the US.
http://www.fender.com/guitars/jazzmaster/

My Zefal fenders are great, thank you for asking or not.  They seem pretty sturdy and provide good coverage from splattering.  They took a bit of time to install because I am mechanically inefficient, but now that they’re on I intend to keep them there ad breakium!
Butt enough about me and my stuff, what about my stuff?!  As a working family stiff, I’ve been gradually reduced to accepting our cultural norm of defining myself ourselves by purchasing and/or analyzing various products.  To that end instead of defending a liberal interpretation of religious teachings as opposed to classifying it as apostasy, I intend to write type a lot more product reviews because I feel that I will be interacting with people on a more relatable level.  I, personally, read many , many reviews of even the most innocuous items before mustering the wherewithal to press purchase now.  Bicycle fenders for example.  I like the plastic ones because they can typically take a good thwack without getting bent like some less fortunate aluminum varieties.  Hear that, Al!?  You can get bent!  

My buddy Ben prefers aluminum because he says the plastic ones break.  Discuss among yourselves and or with me please.  Thank you.  See!  Now we are really relating to each other!

Also we have an art exhibit that features bicycles on October 9!  I think this is pretty neat.  I will try to get down there and check it out, but please let me know if you already have or if you want to meet up for a nice cuppa joe beer and then get kicked out of the gallery as per the usual. 

Hey let’s all holy/scary roll! 

No comments:

Post a Comment