Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Winds of weiners

August 2224 , 2016
Well hello again!  What has blown up onto your little patch of paradise these days?  Here are a few things I saw interacting with the wind today:


https://www.thinbluelineusa.com

I also saw these fine-feathered friends out enjoying some quality multi-use trail time. 


What a fine day!  And the days may even be getting finer!  Cooler.  Also it is nearly now time for the annual joyous event known as Millard (pronounced me yard, named after the Spaniards [pronounced spayin’ yards] Californians who refused to settle here due to lack of windmills wine and/or gold) Days.  There are many bicycle-related events at Millard Days, such as… you can ride your bike there!

I hope that the winds have been good to you lately.  What is going on these days?  Good question.  Snot Jr. has been enjoying some quality time on his Strider.  Here he is in action.


Let’s get our kids together so they can bicycle together.  And race.  Any money exchanged is not gambling, we are merely donating to the other person’s favorite charity when your if our respective kid loses.  Oh, and that’s right, your kid is a might be a loser.  He/she may as well get used to it, because we all lose in one way or another.  Here’s a place for losers to become winners (pronounced wieners) by learning about bikes, or maybe just losers who are also bike geeks.   You can look at it however you want; nevertheless, it’s good to know, accept, and embrace your place in the world. 

I was recently trying to get my bike geek on by figuring out what saddle width I should get on my new WTB Rocket Comp saddle.  I am pretty sure when I ordered my last WTBRC saddle 10 or more years ago there weren't any saddle width choices.  You took what they gave you, sat on it and liked it, damn it!  I found a few articles/videos about measuring your “sit bones.”  Your sit bones are really just part of your pelvis, I think.  It didn’t seem all that easy to figure, and so I decided I’m about a medium/average sit boner.  So away to Pricepoint Nashbar to order my saddle!

So let’s all order some bike parts and geek out.  Or off to a ride and to feel the wind of winners/weiners!





No comments:

Post a Comment