Sunday, October 28, 2012

Swamping Good Fun!


October 28, 2012
Happy Halloweeny time to all you 'weeners out there!  It is a spooky, yet festive time of year and I hope that you are enjoying it.

I have temporarily relocated myself down to the southeast where I may or may not be engaged in an unassigned mission to survey the swamplands in order to incorporate some swampy elements into this year's exciting Beer and Bagel Run.  The t-shirt design 
https://www.facebook.com/RUN2PEAK
kind of reminded me of the Miami Dolphins, so I immediately became obsessed with adding a Miami-related element to the already element-heavy B&B.  As you may know, the good ol' B&B Run is scheduled to take place one week from today!  Yes, it is coming right up.  I saw this critter while I was engaged in some stair-running to prepare for the B&B hills.

This sighting gave me an idea.  So I jumped on my Swamp Rover
advrider.com

and drove down to the lovely Caw Caw County Park, just outside of Charleston, South Carolina.

As a possible addition to the stream crossings that have become an essential part of many organized trail runs, I found some wildlife that I am considering renting and including in the B&B.

Granted, I am somewhat certain that gators do not like the fall climate in Nebraska.  However, I've been working on a rabbit skin gator coat that I think will not only be quite fetching, but will keep our visitor happy and active.
Maybe a few minor modifications to one of these?  Here's where you can get one!

Here are some of the gator rental options I've been looking into.
http://rhondasreptiles.com/
http://pinellasbeaches.patch.com/listings/alligator-attraction

I've also enjoyed the Halloweeny scene in downtown Charleston.  Many costumed, yet genteel, "revelers" were out and about.  A few shared a shot ski of Grand Marnier with me.  Quite invigorating.  I also ate some blue crab, which was very good.  It was kinda hard to get to the meat, especially to this midwestern corn-eater.  Hmmm.  Maybe a giant blue crab (possibly robotic) might be a good B&B element, too!  And of course The Swamp Thing!  Pretty scary, eh kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment