Friday, January 11, 2013

I found Giant and my P-ax!


January 11, 2013
Hey Januarians!  What's new?  Good, good.  Hmmm.  Not so good?  Balanced.  Creaky?

You will be surprised to hear that my Pentax camera was entombed in a snowy state of suspension for the past three weeks.  But today it got up to 10 degrees Centigrelcius (50 degrees F-ing-height).  And it rained.  And this is what I found when I went back to the location where I had taken my last photo with my trusty P-tax.

Can you say "Whooo-hooo!"?  Well I sure did!  And just out of curiosity I flicked the power switch and she fired right up!?  As you can imagine, I am thrilled by this minorly miraculous turn of events and I am planning on writing Pentax a heartfelt fan letter.  I was so excited I took a few blurry photos,

blurrified by some condensation which cleared up pretty quickly.


Here is the environment in which I dropped the P-ax.

The snow picked up and it got buried.  The multiple-use trail was plowed preternaturally quickly.  The P got buried in a ridge formed by the eager plow. Then it melted out with nary a scratch on her sleek, matte, boxy body.  And it was sitting there waiting for me like a nicely chilled bottle of Bean-o or, if you prefer, vino!  Alright enough rhapsodizing about my camera already.

What have you been up to?  Checking your air pressure?  Spraying stuff with Pam to prevent sludge adhesion?   Neat!

So as you know Giant is a popular supplier of bicycles, primarily to bicyclers.  Some would say a bicycle pusher.  I used to think that their bikes were a great value, but now I just don't know.  Haven't checked.  Until now.  And you know that Gangnam-style is a jam made popular by Corean rapper PSY.  But, did you know that PSY loves to RIDE GIANT bicycles and that Giant is also a popular Corean television program depicting spies and intrigue and such?  And Chick Corea isn't actually Corean or even a chick?  Well it is.  Here's my favorite clip so far.


So let's get Corazy and bicycle around y'all!

And let's not forget to pop a wheelie or two!

And keep looking down!  You might find something valuable that has thawed out of a snow ridge!  Bad dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment