Sunday, January 20, 2013

Admit me this, bike man!


January 20, 2013
Hey honchos and honchoettes!  What is your poison?  Or would you prefer to pick your passion?  Yes!  I like it!

As a keen occasional observer of bicycle media, I have recently become aware that a former professional bicycler, one Sir Lancelot Armingstrong, about whom I have typed about previously, has admitted to being on drugs.  Well, that's what they called it back when I was in junior high.  Now it's apparently called "doping."  Semantics aside, I feel that this is a wake up call for all of us bicyclers to admit stuff.  I would like to follow Sir Lancelot's lead and admit that I too have been on drugs/doping for much of the time I have been bicycling these past 6 years or so.  Before that I was on drugs all the time whether or not I was bicycling.  My bicycling dopes of choice have been valium and ritalin prescribed for me by my family doctor, Dr. Nick.  The valium keeps me calm and the ritalin keeps me focused and alert.  And if I drink one beer I get all fuzzy and usually black out.  It's a win-win-win!  Except now I feel guilty since I just told you about it, oh my surrogate Oprah!  Ah the guilt!  But I feel better too.  How about you?  Why not admit something?  It'll be great!

A friend of mine, also named Nick, gave me this awesome tail light for my birthed day.

It looks fantastic!  Kind of like a traveling, personal bike lane!  You should get one too!  Here's a review of what seems to be a similar product.

I must now somewhat regretfully inform you that I will be unable to attend to my irregular internettal diary-ing for approximately one month.  I will be undergoing some soul-searching and online rehabbing following my being on drugs for so long.  I might also take some drugs.  I will get back to you with all the results ASAP!  Now I've really got to get to work on that fan letter to Pentax!  You've probably got better things to do too!  Admit it!

No comments:

Post a Comment