Sunday, May 12, 2013

Umbrage for hire!

Many people enjoy utilizing the utilitarian machine we refer to as a bicycle for utilitarian purposes.  Here are some fellow bicyclers who have picked up some much-needed supplies to stock their larders with some sundries.

I, too, have brought supplies from here to there and back fairly often.  Often enough that I noticed my tyre tube had sprung a leak as I arrived at my hacienda following my day's travelling and hauling of sundries.  It turned out to be related to the condition of the tyre itself, as shown here.
Cause of flat - fingered!
Did you know that here in the Uof SAssiness it is Bike to Work Week this upcoming week?  Well I, for one, am not participating as I have recently been promoted to unemployment due to various schemes and ploys.  And  I also, for the first time, now take a small amount of umbrage (maybe one or two umbos, is that the right unit of measurement for umbrage?) at the title of this week.  What about a more inclusive title such as Bike Places Week?  What is this constant overvaluation of work?  Sure you might be able to get paid doing it, but you can also get paid for being born rich, so why not try that?  What?!  Maybe get adopted?

Next Saturday is the lovable Wear Yellow Ride which begins at the Strategic Air Command Museum near Ashland, Nebraska.  I hope to see you there.  I may even be in way better shape than you because I will have plenty of time to bike more exciting places than to work!  Hah!  Yeah, that's not likely.  Bicycle on, workers, et al!
Hey Quacker!  Maybe if you were biking to work you wouldn't have such a big bill to pay!  Yuck, yuck.  (I do mean "yuck" as in that's more awful than the usual drivel that passes for duck humour in this blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment