Thursday, July 4, 2013

For of Jules

July 4, 2013
Hey hosses and hossettes.  I hear it’s July 4th.  Baby Snot does not seem to mind the barrage.  So I will spend some time haranguing you about my life.  That’s right, I’ve beat you to the punch yet again!  Ha!  Haha! 
Yep, I am way less aware of what’s happening in the locally bikey scene since me and Baby Snot have been kicking it on weekends.  And some weekdays.  Here are some things we’ve been up to.
We went hiking at Fontenelle Forest and had a hoot!  

We saw a turtle. 

And a tree that was older than the Constitution of the United States! 

And here’s a cool solar-powered bicycle-mobile that we saw on the way to Z-Lake.  

It’s like Alexander Calder got heat stroke and powered up his creative bikey mojo.    
I also worked with compadre Bob and found a cool camping spot at the Hitchcock Nature Center in the vicinity of Honey Creek, Iowa.
And then tonight we saw a sweet big band called the Swingtones followed by a Nebraska Wind Symphony concert at Chalco Hills.  It was friggin’ great! 

I hear the Owl Ride is coming up in a week or so.  So get your funky lights all electrified and get ready to party down around town.

Me and Dad are planning on getting out for some bicycling manana con tilda, so I’ll be sure to give you an update on actual bicycling-related happenings in a day or dos.  Hasta rasta 4 July!

No comments:

Post a Comment