Sunday, July 28, 2013

Can't see/think straight? What else is new?!

July 28, 2013
What is this?  This thing?  We call.  Life?

As Mr. Shatner often heard from his long-suffering engineer Scotty, “I can’t hold ‘er together much longer, cap’n!”

Thing are actually great, thank you for asking.  I’ve been driving my mighty Metro out to Lincoln, parking, pedaling, learning, pedaling, driving, parking, studying.  That kinda deal.  And I’ve been told I’ve got a family around here somewhere…  Although coherence has never been my strong suit, it is becoming less so these days.  I have less thyme for my sophomoric ramblings and way more time for my junioric composing of academic hyperbola. 

But I felt like I needed to show you a bunch of photos relating to my new bicycling terrain.  Here they are.

Lincoln has apparently decided to plant some trees in the parkways.  The new 2 for trees project or some such.  Sounds good to me!  Omaha, please plant one on the corner so people stop running over my sidewalk and grass and instead just run over a small, helpless tree.  Is that better? 


It seems like there are way more bicyclers riding around the streets of Lincoln than there are here in Omaha.  But I didn't get any good shots of them because I suck. 
Also people riding those long skating boards.  Often with flip-flops on their feet.


I hear there was a gravelly fun time out at the Walnut Creek Lake area a while back.  The Gong Ride!  It sounds like a fun time and here is a classic video/T. Rex cover to honor all participants for their hard pedaling and lugie hawking.
I also hear that there is a bikey event coming up, such as the Corporate Cycling Challenge on August 18.  Probably lots of other stuff too.  I'm really not sure because I'm just trying to hold it together, cap'n!  I've got a gift card to some bike shops, though, so maybe I'll stop in and try to figure out what the f is going on these days!  See you there, chappo!  See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment