Saturday, September 21, 2013

Soggy Sox


September 21, 2013
Hello winners and losers and the rest!  How’s life as a castaway/celebrity/middle manager?  Things here are going pretty well.  Thursday I got pretty soggy.  I had consciously decided not to take my plastic rain jacket because it was too much trouble and just another item to cram into my panniers which have been the subject of a fair amount of heel-striking lately.
Not much space, eh?  


So I got a slight chill as I sat around in the A/C working on my 8-page report dealing with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards relationship.  Here is another bicycle I saw while drying off.

A Bianchi San Jose.  Looks like a pretty cool set-up.  I toed the chain and it was slack.  I guess that's how those new-fangled internally-geared hubbas worka?  

Wanna ride an e-bike?  Here’s your chance!  This Thursday, Sept 26, 6 p.m. First United Methodist at 7020 Cass.  

Also here's a chance to become a bicycling and/or pedestrianing advocate.  There is a meeting from 9-12 on Sat, Oct 19 somewhere at Univ of NE at Omaha CPACS Building Collaborating Commons, Room 132D (Located in the center of the Dodge Street campus).  This seems like a good activity to learn how to become more involved in bicycle advocacy.     
http://ridesabike.tumblr.com/post/5899491643/brian-jones-rides-a-bike


I have also become aware that next Fri, Sept 27 is the Heartland Active Transportation Summit which deals with the energizing topic of parking this year.  Whoa!  Hopefully some other stuff too.  
Let us cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment