Sunday, September 1, 2013

September septasticular!


September 1, 2013

Happy September!  Do you like September?  I thought so!  It’s great!  

Another great thing is the 131 miles of bike paths in the city of Lincoln, Nebraska!  Capital!  Or is it capitol!  Indubitably!  According to my calculations, this appears to be approximately 29 more miles than Omaha!?  Here is my source for the 131 figure, which may or may not be a credible one.  I should follow up on this sometime.  

There are a lot of bicycle trails in Lincoln of that you may be sure!  Here is a park along a trail where I stopped for a pleasantly shaded lunch.  

There was a drinking fountain, which I verified before settling down for my repast.

Do you like to eat lunch outside?  Of course!  This naturally leads to my next question:  Would you like a large wooden bike rack?  It’s hefty.  It works pretty good for big bikes with skinny tubes, not as well for small or oddly shaped bikes.  What size is this bike rack you might be asking?  Well, stop it!  Size isn’t everything!  It’s 78” tall, 24” wide, and 25” deep.  It’s freestanding as fuck too!  

Oh yeah!  Lots of rusty nails sticking out of it at odd angles to hang helmets and other accoutrements up on.  If you’ve got room for it just let me know, you can have it.  It’s in my back yard right now and I just use it for hanging my watering wand on, but I could just put it on the table.


What is going on?  Fun stuff?  Sweet!  Here are some things that sound kind of fun:
  1. Festa Italia - this weekend (8/31-9/1).  A Father Guido Sarducci might be there again.
  2. Applegrass Bluegrass Festival - also this weekend, bring the whole family!
  3. Oktoberfests - there’s one at Gerda’s next weekend (Sept 6-7).  Also one at the German American Society towards the end of September (20-21st).
  4. MS Bike Ride NE starting in Bellevue on September 7 and continuing on September 8.  
  5. Omaha Creative Week - from August 30-September 8.  
Have fun.  I’ll be doing my homework.

What do any of these events have to do with bicycles, you may ask?  Yes, you may.  And I may answer thusly:
1.  Italians all love bicycles.  Some of the even make them.  Isn't there a famous bicyclist or 2 from there?  Also I think Father Guido Sarducci often bicycles.
2.  This event is in Iowa.  All Iowegians love bicycles.  There are probably some Iowegians that make bicycles, too.
3.  Germans love bicycles.  But they must be properly adjusted otherwise they may frown.  They might even make some bicycles, but I think they mostly prefer to evaluate and adjust them.
4.  You probably weren't wondering about this one.
5.  Creativity and bicycles go together like creatine and biceps.  Having typed that, I don't think there are any bicycle-specific events.

Bicycle-related fun is hard to avoid, so look out!  ON YER LEFT!  HAHAHA!  FUN!




No comments:

Post a Comment