Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hunting up some springy fun?

March 27, 2016
Happy Easter!  I hope things are going well for you.  As for me, I am enjoying the spring drama foretold by the appearance of greenery, flowers, and predators.  
Flowering crab tree.  Mmmmm.  Crab...

Here is one well-adapted survivor/predator/mooch warily guarding its territory on the other side of the creek. 

Hunting for fun?  Well, we midwesterners don't really like fun.  We like to work.  And bitch about work.  But if you want to give it a shot, here's a sign I noticed the other day.  


It was on the corner of 144th and L, by the Mercedes dealership where the Bike Rack's/Kelly's truck is parked.  

Hunting for  some produce for the family?



Here is some music to complete your hypothetical multi-media-related enjoyment.
April 6, 2016
Hello there.  I am still sickly.  Phlegmy and discontent.  But that has allowed me to complete an exciting gif animation which I presented to you earlier.

I think it might be partly related to allergies or high caffeine intake.
April 10, 2016
So I recently noticed that there is a bicycling pubcrawl/roll scheduled for the same day (May 14) as the aforementioned Wear YellowNebraska Ride.  Although I wish I could go to both, I can’t.  I will be at the WYNR, and if you go on the Pub Roll then I won’t see you there.  I will; however, see you at some other bicycle-related event soon, or in hell whichever comes first!  Just kidding.  Ha!


Here are some other recent bicycle-related things I’ve noticed lately. 

  • In Des Moines, Iowa bicyclists are frustrated by a lack of penalties for motorists injuring bicyclists, as this unusually informative bicycle-related article in the mainstream press states.  
  • In Nebraska LB716 is apparently moving forward with very good coverage by Julie Harris of Nebraska Bicycling Alliance.  
  • South Omaha Trail progress has been very good and we've apparently reached some exciting milestones.
Well, I hope to be able to spend some time considering some of this exciting news in the near future.  For now it all seems a bit overwhelming.  I'm not used to so much in the way of bicycling-related news around these parts.  Harrumph.  Let me get back to you once I can get my bearings.  
In the meantime, let's ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment