Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Mushy headed

September 12, 2017
I have a cold, so please don’t get too close.  Having a cold sucks, but it also gives me some time to plead sickness and retreat from my usual familial responsibilities.  For example, I managed to use some rudimentary computer skills to create this image of a bicycler with a mushroom and/or mushroom cloud hat/head.  

I call it “Mushed.”
As we all know, bicycles are the best.  But sometimes it’s nice to do other things too.  Like paddle around in an inflatable kayak for example.  I took Snot Jr. aboard and paddled around Zorinsky Lake this past weekend.  We saw many humans out enjoying some bicycling or running.  Also a few fellow kayakers.  
photo credit:  Snot Jr. 
We even saw this reptile basking upon a rock. 


It has recently gotten cooler outside, which feels pretty great.  I have felt faster, stronger, with more endurance and less sweat.  This would be a good time to do some kind of epic bicycling.  Hmmm.  Let’s see what others might be up to…
Ah ha!  Here's an example of what someone can do when they are actually using their time for productive purposes!  It's a webpage dedicated to bicycling in Omaha, featuring a link to a new 2017 interactive bike map!  The bike map seems well thought out and useful.  It also appears that the League of American Bicyclists has bestowed upon Omaha a bronze rating in their Bicycle Friendly Community program.
And here is a webpage I've not visited before that has a lot of great ride information.
So there you have it.  Now I'll get back to lying around, resting, listening to soothing music, and drinking plenty of tea during my sick day.  Hope you feel better soon!
_BSO 


No comments:

Post a Comment