Saturday, August 20, 2011

Run through the Suburban Jungle, Bloodworth!

August 20, 2011
Here in the suburban jungle it is sometimes difficult to keep up with the yardwork. The garden encroaches into your windows. The compost pile in the back of the Metro is full of angry hornets and a nephew seems to have disappeared underneath the patio. What is one to do? Well, you might kick back in the cool basement to watch a movie. I did. It was called Bloodworth, and I'm pretty sure my brother mistook it for Crazy Heart. How is that possible? Judge for yourself.


I haven't seen Crazy Heart, but Bloodworth wasn't too bad. The ending part was kind of peppy as (spoiler alert) the protagonist marries the hooker with the protagonist's uncle's baby. It might not sound uplifting, but it is.

After enjoying this uppity tale (along with a medium sized pot of tea [masala style, of course]) I felt the need for action. I did some calisthenics and went into the great outdoors where I immediately encountered this man and his recumbent bicycle.

Although he turned down my offer to accompany back to my home for a cup of pseudo-chia (Nepali-esque tea), he did allow me to snap his photo. Although occasionally afflicted with back discomfort, this affable man is able to cycle comfortably on his endearing steed. This man, possibly named Roshan or Greg, stated that he was able to enjoy rides up to 35 miles on this unusual comfort machine, as opposed to a single mile upon a traditional bicycle. So if you have back issues, you can still find yourself a faithful 2 to 3-wheeled, human-powered recumbent machine to accompany you on some type of adventure. You will probably be treated as a semi-celebrity and asked to be photographed.  By the way, Roshan, will you please sign this one for me?

After my meeting with Roshan I ran slowly towards the Red Box to return Bloodworth. Afterwards I switched up my route a bit and ended up near this field.

I high-footed it over the mid-shin-high vegetation and managed to effectively traverse the grassy glade without getting any vegetation stuck between my toes. I pranced gleefully onwards in my vegetation-free footwear. Then I hit the wall (not literally, just bonked, as they say). I shuffled back to my abode and ended up with a few blades of some grassy-weed-like plant between my rubberized toes.

I managed to stagger to my kitchen for a refreshing peanut butter and tomato bagel. Thus fortified, I ventured back out for some relaxing lawn-mowing. Take that jungle!  Take that and put a tomato on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment