Friday, August 19, 2011

Summertime Action Rolls!@ OMA area

August 19, 2011
Advance planning is generally a bit too advanced for me. Therefore I am pleased to inform you that you may have enjoyed a revival by the Rev. Horton Heat during the spiritually oriented Maha festival last weekend.

 There were also some other bands,

 lots of bicycles parked nearby,

and a lack of attendees willing to purchase my extra ticket.

Although this bicycle

Rivendell Sam Hillborne
(designed by someone who may have had a hand in the design of my overweight, irrascable, yet irresistable Old Bastard)

The Old Bastard (with multi-tool)
seems to have some redundancies in engineering (the perceptive among us may have noticed a second top tube), it has apparently gained a kind of cult following. Note to Grant Peterson: If the extra top tube were easily detached to use as a walking stick or bo staff, then I'd like you to put me down for 2 gross of these classy steeds.

Since I am vaguely aware of many bicycling events, I am pleased to inform you that an upcoming organized bicycle ride is occurring this Sunday at the Heartland of America Park. It's the Corporate Cycling Challenge. Don't let the name fool you, though, you don't have to wear business casual in order to participate. If you show up, you are likely to see many sizes and shapes of bicycles and bicycle enthusiasts.

On approximately last Tuesday the 16th I noticed a slight glut in the traffic flow while traveling homewards.

I paused to enjoy the moment with some self-satisfying photography, a quick smoke and a stroll back and forth across the six lanes of stalled vehicles. I even lay down on a car for a quick, slightly sweaty photo shoot (check my facebook page, photography and modeling by Yours Snotly). I eventually tore myself away from this happy sight in order to achieve the cool relaxation of my garage and refreshing ginger beer. I removed the decomposing pet from the trunk of my Metro and threw it into the composting barrel, while sipping my extremely carbonated beverage of moderate alcohol content.

I then drove out towards a lovely tower and clambered apishly upwards to the top of the tower like a creature along the Rue Morgue during the Tour de France. There I beheld the tops of many types of trees, including some type of oak with surprisingly sizable acorns.

I grabbed my pair of acorns and B.A.S.E. jumped off into the windy blue yonder towards the extreme, high-ropes course located at Camp Carol Joy Holling.

Although the course was not open to plebians such as myself, I did duck into the enjoyable Parkers BBQ House in order to evade some torrential rain. My longsuffering family picked me up and transported me back to my home where I enjoyed a lovely ginger beer garnished with some delightful cherry tomatoes. Ah, yes, a summer week or so well spent. No time for working, I'm too busy summering upon the plains. Put that one in your pipe and suck it, The Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment