Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Nacho typical Tuesday ride

September 7, 2011
Yesterday I joined a group of Nacho Riders on the lovely Mopac Trail. The Nacho Ride takes place on Tuesday nights at around 5:30, and is an out and back ride between Lincoln and Eagle, Nebraska. I met up with my friend Ben and company and together we set off on our merry way.

The trail was elevated above the surrounding land, affording nice views of some rural buildings and landscapes.


I took a photo of Scott's classic steel frame, along with his bicycle.

Hey.  You wanna see this Fuji erupt?
The midway point of the ride is a great little bar called the One Eye Dog Saloon that includes outdoor seating, great service and a good vibe. While dining, Tara informed me that the Rush song "Trees"

somehow alludes to the Lord of the Rings series. Although I am skeptical, I will look into this.

On the return trip I was fascinated by a green taillight which stared at me like a one-eyed, feral hobbit (and no, I don't want to meet your one-eyed hobbit, thank you very much).

Needless to say, it has been quite an eventful couple of days for this working stiff, what with a trip to Ponca State Park and then a bicycle ride from Lincoln to Eagle and back. Time to kick back and relax a bit with a brew and thoughts of upcoming yard work. Might even kick back on the bike trailside recliner/underpass as I saw a young man doing on my way home today. I'm pretty sure this personage is a downtown-dwelling urbanite/musician who may have taken a wrong turn and ended up out in our suburban fields. After taking stock of his surroundings, this hip urban spirit calmly reclined above the maddening pace of the multi-use trail to record his thoughts in a journal or perhaps to pen a whimsical song of nonconformity. Ahh, the joys of youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment