Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Domestic blissification and plastic warmth


February 27, 2013
So what is it that you are shaking, movie and shake-makers?  Hmmm.  Yes.

I have observed that having a child will often cause changes in a person's behavior.  I now stay home even more than usual.  I glue my shoe soles with Seam Grip.



I used to love me some Seam Grip, but now I hate it.  They only had the big bottle at my local specialty outsidey shop.  It cost me $21.50 worth of my gift certificate.  And it only lasted 2 or 3 small mending parties?!  It solidifies.  Maybe I could have melted it back into it's supple, flowy goopiness if I'd taken the time to set it in a pot of hot water.  But instead I reamed it with a screwdriver and punctured the side of the tube!  Ach!  Now you've done it, sport-o, now ye've stuck yer tube where ye shouldn'ta!  Ach!  The shame!  The vapory, sticky shame!   I hear Shoe Goo works just as good and is way cheaper.

I stopped by my bicycling friends' place after working for a day or so at the mutual fund raising campaign office.  I gave them a cheap cigar to celebrate/brag about the birth of our baby son awhile back.

It was there that I scored this fat bag of used baby threads.

Cha-ching!  Chris said, "It looks like you!" as he handed me a plastic bag for my sweet haul of baby power suits.  I didn't know what he was talking about.  But then he explained that with my clear plastic rain coat I looked a lot like the bag of clothes.

I was also informed that Olympia Cycles is having a chili feed on Saturday.   So much fun out there, so little time!  Better make the most of it.  Might wanna fix up them shoes and score some sweet-ass baby clothes!  Now this is living!

No comments:

Post a Comment