Sunday, November 10, 2013

Heavy Bikes and Turkeys



November 10, 2013
Isn’t it funny how things change?  Why just a few months ago, I was happily idyllically (or is that idiotically?) idling away several hundred hours or more by typing and cutting and pasting meandering thoughts and images into something known as an “electronic journal of webbed logging (EJoWL for short).”  I was, some would opine, a man of leisure (pronounced leh-sure).  But now I am busier and have shifted my focus towards child care and rock and roll.  Pursuant to these new priorities the other day I found myself considering the possibility of multi-tasking by eating whilst sitting upon the toilet. Although I did not actually follow through with this idea, I was startled by how plausible it seemed to me on first thought.

So what is up with things these days?  Yes!  What?  Hmmmm.  I see, I see.  


I locked my bike up next to a fellow Bridgestoner the other day.  His/hers had a lot of original stuff on it, including an Avocet saddle.  

It also appeared sleek and light.  I understand that Bridgestone bicycles are currently available in Japan, but are not quite as sporty as they were back in the ‘80s and ‘90s.  For example, their current version of my MB-5 is now this bicycle.



I mean, sure it claims to be lightweight, carbonated, only costs about 350,000 yen, and "Frame Design Providing a Slightly that Upright Riding Position" but it is called, the Anchor.  For those unfamiliar with seafaring terminology, an anchor is a heavy thing that keeps you from going anywhere very far avast, ye hardies!  So until Bridgestone sends me an Anchor to test ride and enjoy "a wide range of activities from racing through to just being a fun ride," I will continue to consider this bicycle to be as heavy as a Celtic Frost doom dirge.
There are also some winter bicycling related activities coming up, as promulgated by Omaha Bikes.  Oh and the always invigorating Thanksgiving Eve "Taco Ride."  Should be a gobbler full of fun, turkeys!  And it'll keep you from feeling too heavy after your Thanksgiving feast!   

No comments:

Post a Comment