Sunday, November 24, 2013

Warm feelings of turkeys to come

November 24, 2013
Greetings.  How is your mother?  Oh.  Yes.  Hmmmm.  I know, I know.

It has become cool here in the gut buster of USiness.  I am replenishing fluids and wishing that my search for comfy mittens like these had proven successful. 
http://blog.girlzlyfe.com/page/14/

But enough about me and your mother.  What about that awesome Gene Richard Simmons?  He is in a cool video, 

and I saw him on tv helping a nurse the other day.  Also he helps me feel nice and warm when I am pedaling along in the frosty belt buckle of our fat and jolly nation.  I can almost here his good natured, peppy exhortations as I pedal!  Gotta love that Gene Richard!  And fat jolliness.  Did you get your festive outdoor decorations out yet?  What?!  Then why are we sitting here all fat and/or jolly and not out there preparing?!  

Also I hear David Bowie released an album this year and I haven’t even purchased a copy yet!  Good thing Christmas is coming up.  Please ask your mother to send me a copy because I know David sings her favorite Christmas music.  

Many bicyclers have noticed that your attitude can change drastically from the beginning of a bicycle ride to the end.  This happened to me a few days back when I took a different route along a somewhat busy road.  Two motorists turned to the right in front of me and I offered one a mono-digital gesture of displeasure.  I was a little grumbly for a while.  But then I came across some of the loveliest bicycle lanes that I have ever seen!  It was joyous!

It snowed on Thursday and it livened up my evening commute.   

By the time I got home with my bike on my car rack part of my back wheel was partially encrusted with gritty snow.  


Next Thursday is Thanksgiving, which means that many bicyclers will be enjoying a festive Thanksgiving Eve ride upon the Keystone trail.  Some will bundle up and pedal slowly.  Others may go fast and naked.  Still others may swerve erratically and wonder where the hell they left their car/gloves/significant other.  Moments like these are potentially the types of things that define us.  Mostly they define us thusly, “you are a dumb ass.”  Ah, the joys of self discovery.  Speaking of self discovery, here is a man who discovered early that what he wanted to do with life was travel adventurously.  A friend of mine forwarded me his website.  Although I am still too jealously indignant about this man’s insouciant insolence to peruse his site thoroughly, I am sure his bicycle trip around the world was great.  Something I am sure to copy once I’ve got a spare two years.  Maybe once Baby Snot gets big enough to pedal without whining (wait, that never happens to any of us!).  


Speaking of offspring.  Here is my new web design which Teen Snot was kind enough to bestow upon me last August.  It took awhile to get it up here on the line, but I am sure you will agree that it was worth the wait.  
I also got a t-shirt with the following quote on the backside: 'Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live.' - Mark Twain
So that is all I got at this time.  I hope you are happily spinning from here to there or vice versa.  Gotta go mitten hunting!
-BSO

No comments:

Post a Comment