Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanks for the good times and great oldies!

November 29, 2013
Hello!  It’s Thanksgiving hangover day!  Hope yours is going well.  My friend Bob and I made it out to the Thanksgiving Eve taco ride and had a fun time.  We met a guy named Rich who had this sweet ride.

The bike’s name is also the name of a song by Bob Wayne, as seen here:

The weather was cool, but with a weird, faint tinge of early spring in the air (I thought so anyway).  After the ride another guy named Rich met up with us and we enjoyed the virtuosic, down-to-earth stylings of my favorite local band - Banjo Loco.  Here is a short segment of their cover of “Crazy Train.”  

They are going to release a recording of originals soon, including their catchy “St. Elvis” that still has my toes a-tappin’ and pelvis gyrating (which was a little awkward during the whole family Thanksgiving experience).  And here is a guy with a sweet ass Metallica Christmas sweater. 

I was told there’s a Slayer version too.  

So what have you been up to?  Ducks?  Really?  Hmmm.  

Here is a cool bike I saw a few weeks back.
Nishiki Century

And here is a guy using a pay phone.
NSA ain't monitoring this side of the connection, bitch!

Both of those things gave me a nostalgic feeling of the days of yore.  The bike looks light and comfortable without being ostentatious or prissy and the pay phone use seems humble and purposeful.  


Alright.  Bike riding is great.  Now I gotta go eat some more pie!  That key lime is gonna be out of season soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment