Tuesday, July 21, 2015

K9 distemper and your raccoon

July 21, 2015
How are you?  Okay.  Okay.  I hear you.  Breathe.  Good, good. 
Hey, have you noticed any trail/road hazards lately?  What!?  You too!?  Me too!
Here are some trail hazards I have noticed while out with spinny-wheeled forms of transport.


Yes, there are some dangers.  This guy was rabid distempered.  We avoided him and his swarm of insects like the distemper rabies.  After he drove Toddler Snot and myself away from our pedal- and/or push-powered means of conveyance he foamed at the mouth and clawed at the air convincingly.  

Toddler Snot thought it was fascinating and kept moving in the raccoon’s direction, so I had to redirect and distract him.  I kept a watch on our frothy friend out of the corner of my eye.  While there is nothing particularly funny about a rabid distempered raccoon, it was pretty funny when he got aboard our trike after a few unsuccessful attempts and finally succeeded in rolling it into the creek.  Don’t ride rabid distempered.

I have also observed some other recent trail obstacles – mostly auto parts.  

Another event I’ve recently experienced was purchasing a used Strider bicycle. 

Since his trike had been jacked by a raccoon, I figured we’d try something else for him to pedal roll on.  Toddler Snot is bound to love it, and I’ll give you his review and updates on his progress. 

Well what else is happening?


Here is a website I have not noticed before.  It's the Nebraska Cycling Association!  Apparently you can ride bicycles fast in a variety of formats and venues here in Nebraska.  Mostly cyclopcross and a few mountainous bicycling events.  Then there's the top secret, unrelated and possibly entyrely factitious Cyclops Mountains bicycle smack down.  You may pass, be passed, piss, be or get pissed, etc.  Competition brings out the best fluids in/on all of us!  I actually enjoy participating in some racy activities from time to time, so I'll let you know how this budding relationship develops.

In the meantime, let's all meet up in the Cyclops.  I hear a balloon approach to the starting line is quite soothing to the distempered amongst us.

No comments:

Post a Comment