Saturday, July 11, 2015

Watch out! Protect your eyes!

July 9, 2015
I went outside to walk over to a restaurant to meet my dad for lunch today and I squinted into the overcast sky as if I were gazing into a blazing Washington forest.  It was then that I knew I had been wearing my safety glasses a lot.  This made me smile as I squinted.  A tear of discomfort and joy watered my narrow eyes and I remembered that it is the joyful Eye Injury Prevention month of July.

I also have been enjoying the fabulous Action Cam that I received from Mrs. Snot for my birthday awhile back.  I attached it to the side of my helmet as an afterthought this morning before two-wheeling off to the ball bearing balancing shop.  

It flopped around ineffectively on my way to work.  Then I tried again on the way home.  It seemed to be going very well until I noticed via my shadow that the mounting screw had not been sufficiently tightened and my Action Cam was now aimed floppily off to the side at a somewhat obtuse angle.  Oh, the childlike joy of being a newbie at something!

So what’s new with you?  You don’t say!  Isn’t that the way!  I know, I know!  Right!?

Now settle back and enjoy this eye safety video from the comfort of your environs. 

July 11
Tonight is the Owl Ride, which is I am sure will be enjoyable for all.  I will not be participating because I am staying at home with Toddler Snot.  We’ll be fine.  I may get him out there on a Strider or a pony or something next year.  Speaking of Striders, hold on for a minute I’ve gotta check Craigslist.

Sweet!  $40 ain’t bad.  We’ll see how that pans out.

Alright, please let me know when you would like to meet up for a ride and I’ll be sure to join you and/or make a counter-offer, toddlers welcome.

Equivocally yours,

BSO

P.S.:  Here's another eye safety video.

No comments:

Post a Comment