Friday, June 17, 2016

Anticipate the gravel

June 17, 2016
Well, it is now Good Life Gravel Granny Fonda Eve.  Although I made a plan, I have not been able to accomplish all of my planned actions.  Here is a summary.
 My plans for blasting included the following:
  1. 1.     Realize that the ride is occurring approximately one week before event.  Yes, I did this part.  Yay me!
  2. 2.     Do a few push-ups and abdominal exercises to give my lower back some limberness/strength to help withstand a long, bumpy day in the saddle.  Did not do this.  Too busy drinking beer and eating pizza.
  3. 3.     (Carefully ) Do a few laps on an off-road trail to try to regain some of my formerly moderate bike-handling skills (whilst remaining uninjured for upcoming gravel ride).  Did a short ride on some ATV trails and associated bottomlands.
  4. 4.     Think about how awesome it will be again this year, even though it is 10 or so miles longer and I haven’t been riding quite as much as last year.   Yes, but I have also begun to realize this will be quite a challenge for me.  Make or brake/break it time!

Although I did not entirely complete my plan, I did make a new one.  That is to reach the SAG stop before it closes at around 12:30!  As the course-setter and GLGGF mastermind Mr. R Doloto stated in an e-mail to ride participants, that means I've got to ride at an average pace of 10 mph.  For me, that is pretty quick.  If I don’t get there, I guess I might still be okay, I’ll just have to try to find some water somewhere along the course. 


So, let’s get out there and Fondo it up right!  Wheee-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment