Saturday, June 25, 2016

Impending triumphal archness!

June 25, 2016
Hello my bicycling friends!  A sweet, sweet blessing upon your home and bicycle(s).  
I finished a quick lap over at Tranquility Park earlier today.  It was sweet!  I did not approach any of the log rides, nor did I make it up the Big Dipper, but I was satisfied nonetheless.  I also did not take any photos, but that’s fine because you should all get out there for yourselves and check it out if you haven’t recently.  T.H.O.R. continues to do a great job of maintaining and improving this fabulous trail system right in the midst of our fair to middlin’ city.

But you have heard about this before, I reckon.  Were you; however, aware of the following?!:

Item A)  South OmahaTrail has taken another step towards completion.  Final completion date estimated September of this year.  When this trail is complete it will be a milestone in the development of our triumphant city’s trail system.  An east-west trail in a fairly central part of the city will offer a nice commuting/travelling option to bicyclers who prefer to avoid some of the business that can occur along main thoroughfares.  I feel that this completion event will be triumphant enough to warrant a triumphal arch of some sort.  I will be busy preparing a possible design for this arch and I invite you to do likewise.  We’ll invite Mayor Jean over to my place (hmmm, hmmm, hmmm!?) to give her some posterboards, wine, cheese, and hors d’ovoures to convince her of the importance of this monument. 

Item B)  My role model Rich has informed me that he will participate in the upcoming GONG ride, organized by the committed and capable Scott Redd.  As one who is not always afraid to do things just because his friends do them, I plan on signing up too!  It should be great!  It’s at night, it’s on gravel, and you don’t have to ride for 60 miles if you don’t want to!  Let’s get it on!

Item C)  Mrs. Snot told me that July 31 is Family Bicycling Day!  It seems too good to be true (I think she may have made it up).  That's okay though.  You may be able to make this up too and coerce your family into bicycling with you too!  Ah!  I am savoring the joy of this upcoming event even just thinking of it now!  When I repeatedly asked for my family to bicycle with me in the past (most recently on Father's Day) they avoided the subject or scoffed, but I think this might be the real deal!  I will head out into the garage to pump up their tyres just as soon as I finish savoring the thought of this event, drinking more beer, maybe eating some popcorn and watching some tv. 


So that’s all I wanted to say.  Here’s a nice video to enjoy if you like.  Let’s pedal!

No comments:

Post a Comment