Monday, June 13, 2016

Gravel vs. Colon

June 13, 2016
Hello and happy nearly summer’s eve / solstice day to one and all.  What does it all mean, you and I may be asking?  Well, I will give you my take, if you will take my give.  It means there are a shit ton / many bicycling opportunities available to all bicyclers in this part of the world.  One of the upcoming organized events is the Good/(Great) 
Life Gravel Grand Fondo, which I participated in last year.  It was awesome!  I am planning on trying it again this year.  I had a blast last year, and hope to do so again this year.  My plans for blasting include the following:
  1. 1.     Realize that the ride is occurring approximately one week before event.
  2. 2.     Do a few push-ups and abdominal exercises to give my lower back some limberness/strength to help withstand a long, bumpy day in the saddle.
  3. 3.     (Carefully ) Do a few laps on an off-road trail to try to regain some of my formerly moderate bike-handling skills (whilst remaining uninjured for upcoming gravel ride).
  4. 4.     Think about how awesome it will be again this year, even though it is 10 or so miles longer and I haven’t been riding quite as much as last year. 

Ah, yes, my fellow Grand Fondoers, this year’s event is clearly going to be a gravelly adventure of extraordinary grandeur! 

Another upcoming ride (that I will not be participating in because my family refused to participate with me even though it is on Father’s Day and also because it is the day after the [G]GGF) is the ever-worthy Rollin’ to Colon.  The last one I enjoyed, I recently noted by looking at the t-shirt I was wearing, was in 2011.  Since then, I have recently been informed, they have added a huge model colon/tunnel you can roll through.  That is great; however, I may walk barefoot in order to provide minimal disturbance to this sensitive area.  I have also recently been informed that there is a take-home test for colon cancer that is bound to provide up to hours of entertainment/pain/bewilderment to you and/or your partner whom you task to help you with this evaluation. 


So, that is what I am aware of as far as upcoming excitement.  “What have you been up to?”, I imagine you asking?  Well, I fell off my bike and my shoulder was sore, I whinged about it in an insufferable (to others) manner for awhile, and now I’ve been rehabbing it and feeling like I’ve made some progress.  So about what you'd expect.

It's getting late.  So let's all bicycle (tomorrow)!

No comments:

Post a Comment