Friday, June 17, 2011

Feral Cat


June 17, 2011
I enjoyed some nice human interaction during my daily bicycling today. I also saw what may have been a feral swamp cat lurking in the lower regions of Woodchuck Holler.

This animal may have been moving to the highlands in response to the rising water levels in the low-lying areas of the Missouri River Valley. This may present a grand opportunity for me to stage/film some Marty Stouffer-esque animal fights - feral cat vs. woodchuck(?) What would they fight about? Since I know from unfortunate personal experience (still too soon to type much about, but I hope that the scars will one day heal) that woodchucks are naturally belligerent creatures, I am hoping that a vicious feral cat vs. woodchuck match will occur when I happen to be cycling past. This brings to mind the somewhat painful documentary
Grizzly Man, which I viewed a month or so ago. Although the insane subject of the film had a wheedling tone that (spoiler alert) caused him to be mauled to death in horrific fashion, before his unfortunate ending he captured an exceptional fight between two male grizzlies in one of the most gripping series of moments that I have witnessed captured on video.

Following my glimpse of Feral Cat I gave a pilgrim some slightly erroneous directions to Norfolk, Nebraska (near the place of my birthing) and then, during my return trip, I met a dancing sign guy. Although I respected both of my comrades of the sidewalks too much to paparazzi their asses with my trusty Nikon Coolpix, it was still life affirming to encounter some of my ilk out on their respective beats.

I have also recently learned about a progressive project underway on the right coast known as the East Coast Greenway. It is sure to become the motorless Route 66 of our time. So be sure to get your panniers and your distance legs packed for leisurely, extended action. I will soon be planning a trip up and down this utopian vision of happy camping and I hope that you will plan on partaking in this kick-getting extended excursion on the east edge. I will of course be packing my Neonduhrthal slippers, a composite bow and an appetite for gooduckit. Maybe a harmonica, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment