Thursday, July 7, 2011

B-cycle vs Jamis Aurora

July 7, 2011
To evade the recently enacted Bronte-fest at the lovely Joslyn Castle, I was able to make my way to the new Midtown Crossing area of town.

I would probably have enjoyed a good kick to the trouser tribbles more than the Bronte-fest, so I felt very fortunate to be out and about on a pleasant summer's eve.

I was hopeful that I would encounter some of the B-cycles that are available for rental in select areas of town. Unfortunately, although I diligently ambled about in the MC for several minutes, I was unable to locate any of these fun machines.

I did see this cool Jamis Aurora.

A quick visit to their website revealed that the 2011 Jamis Elite also offers disk brakes. At a MSRP of $1700 I may pick up one or two of these bad boys the next time I can't find a b-cycle in my hour of need.
I just checked the b-cycle website, and I now realize that these stations are located further west (mostly around the University of Nebraska-Omanha area), but will hopefully migrate eastwards at some point.

Tonight the Dropkick Murphys are playing a show at Sokol Auditorium, which will presumably make for a rocking evening out. Now if only a b-cycle station were nearby for some after-the-show about-towning...
Although my hope for finding a b-cycle near the MC was apparently unfounded, I hope to have a chance to peruse one of these adventure-mobiles in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment