Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sharrows home

July 5, 2011
Today as I bicycled from the Omaha airport to my office located at the top of Peaknuckle Plaza I was impressed by the number of occurrences I witnessed that were unusual to me. I first noticed a team of police divers in wetsuits (in various stages of undress) and their support personnel at the infamous Carter Lake


Carter Lake water levels haven't changed much, unlike the rest of the Omaha metro area.  Coincidence?  Mob influence?
 (updates available on your local 10:00 news). I then witnessed this understandably incensed citizen voicing his complaints to a camera crew near 39th and Farnam.


Based only on location, I am quite certain that his concerns pertained to liquor licenses in the vicinity of his home. The sharrows on Capitol and the bike lanes on Leavenworth were welcome sites for me, as I wended my way uncertainly westward.

The scattered rain kept me cool as I glided effortfully along busy streets, encountered potholes and was overtaken by stylish ladies on motor scooters. I did eventually make it back to my abode, where I noticed an exploded bottle of recently fermented ginger beer in my tote, with glass shards present approximately 3 feet from the tote. This brings to mind my favorite current TV show - Breaking Bad. There is an episode in season two in which Walt's brother-in-law (a DEA agent) fears for his life and the security of his family as bottles of beer explode in his garage, sounding very similar to gunshots.

I believe that the shots fired into the unfortunate person presumably anchored to the bottom of Carter Lake, and the hypothetical shots about to be fired at 39th and Farnam (if the diabolical liquor license is issued) are two different realities. God rest the souls of the real and unreal. Peace of mind to the worried and afflicted.

Note to Blockbuster- sorry I lost Catfish. Please obtain season 3 of Breaking Bad at your earliest convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment