Friday, December 23, 2011

Warm Regards.

Core, lithium battery-powered gloves

December 22, 2011
I was pleased to be invited to a party at a bar on the way home from work tonight. I rolled up to the joint to be greeted by a co-worker who has often repeated declarations along the lines of, "That's gotta be cold."

Well, it can be, but mostly it's not bad. First off, the core of us bicyclists is like a mini-nuclear reactor. The only things that generally get cold are extremities. Nose, fingers, toes. Usually the fingers are what bother me. That's why I got these sweet mittens recently,

after having consigned my old lobster claws to the "biking wounded" category.

Some extremity extremists, like many lonely (and sexy, horny) housewives, have resorted to chemical or battery-powered forms of warmth. Here are some of the more popular choices.
The statuesque Natural Contours Liberte


Back at the party I witnessed some chugging contests, shuffleboard and high-definition television. Pretty cool. But not cold. So get yourself warmed-up with some holiday cheer and have yourself a merry Christmas, dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment