Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Alexandr! You WIN! My heart...dude.

July 31, 2012
Well as usual, I have missed out on some exciting local events. The new bike lane on Leavenworth has just opened and I haven't been anywhere near it yet. It's getting tons of pressExpeditions love it.  It's more popular than STDs.  Here is an STD. 

Based on Cove Bike's website, the STD:
...features an un-interupted seat tube and a super stiff 1.5 head tube designed to let you shove it and raise it, slaying the downs and beating the hell out of the ups.

Sounds pretty rough.  But it is my understanding that getting an STD is not the smoothest part of most peoples' lives.  But if you do get an STD, you are sure to enjoy shoving that super stiff head tube, anyway.  Just don't raise that thing up in my face like that dude!  Get a doctor or something.

I'm pretty sure there was a jubilee opening event for that Leavenworth bike lane with jugglers and ponies. Damn.  They have probably also opened that 1st phase of the South Omaha Trail, too. Yup.  Missed it.  It was last Wednesday.  Hmm.  Maybe I'll catch the next bike-related trail opening.

Everyone is talking to me about Alexandr Vinokourov these days. They say things like, "Hey, what about that Alexander Vinokorov dude? Is he great or what?"
In response I say things like, "Well, first of all it's 'Alexandr,' (emphasis on the lack of an "e") and second it's 'Vinokourov' with a rich "ou" sound. Yeah, baby. I like how you say that. Say it again." Whew. Sorry. Creeped myself out there for a minute. But at least I'm used to it. Then I talk about the rich cycling opportunities in Kazakhstan and how I bet AV will open a guided bicycle touring company there which will be sponsored in part by his current bicycling team Astana.
And third of all, I apologize for my repeated use of "dude."  Here's an important PSA for all you dudes.

Keep an eye out for STDs and "Go stans!"  That's the Olympic heart, dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment