Monday, December 17, 2012

Seasonal encounters on frosty pathways of joy!

December 17, 2012
It is getting pretty Christmasy here in the ol' Homeaha.  Things in my usual suburbane environment often evoke wonderful visions of sugar plum faeries and/or other enjoyable holiday festibles!  On my way to my place of employment at the deli equipment sharpening shop I noted that the local mudslide had been reactivated and then beautifully frozen into an evocative semblance of a delightful blended mudslide.
It looked frostier in real life!
And then on my way home I was entranced by this reminder

of the delightful midwestern treat, the cornicicle, a bland blend of mashed corn and water frozen into a popsicle.  Or its grown-up, whacky cousin, the Dickens-esque Ghost of Corny Past, a slushy, smoky blend of mashed corn, corn liquor and liquid nitrogen.  Mmmmm.  I can almost feel the potentially fatal glow in my belly now!

And the fun doesn't stop there!  How about a seasonally tactile connection with the land?  Don't mind if I do!  Just take a quick cruise through your local mini-mudslide on your bicycle and your bicycle tyre will be bedecked with boughs of mud which will gradually harden into an ice-like wreath to show your holiday spirit!

Not long after experiencing this powerful link with the earth, I encountered what may have been an extremely well-fed feral cat or an escaped domestique.  Shown to poignant effect in this well executed (if I do say so myself) portrait/landscape composition.
If this is your feline, just e-mail me a decent description (more descriptive than "kinda glowy eyes") and I will attempt to capture the beast the next time I ride by good ol' Woodchuck Holler and return it to you (if it'll suffer the indignity of being stuffed into a pannier).  

If I catch the critter the only reward I'll request is reimbursement for my woodchuck spray.

Ah, the joys of projecting the spirit of Christmas upon the local suburbia/agriculture!  'Tis the season indeed! Whacky things may occur, ala the feverish hallucinogenic freak-show known as "A Christmas Carol" which is on spooky display at the local Omaha Community Playhouse.  Other seasonal tunes may be heard by checking out some musical entries into the spidery worldly wide net -
Get frosty, celebrants!

No comments:

Post a Comment