Tuesday, March 22, 2011

2 wheels spinnin' in the wind

March 22, 2011
How many 2-wheeled machines did you see today? Probably not many! It was a day where many of the 2-wheelers may have been hiding. My eyes were peeled for 2-wheelers after I noticed this at the library yesterday:

Hmmmm. Pretty sneaky placement for that scooter. It got me wondering about the stealthy nature of 2-wheeled contraptions in general. I tried to stay alert to their presence, tried to “tune in” ("2'n in? yuk, yuk, yuk) and feel the 2-wheeled vibe, so to speak. As I was really starting to feel it ,a family on 6 wheels (2 per family member, but they weren‘t in a dualie) nearly snuck past me without being photographed.

Well, that’s probably the best shot of 2-wheeled thingies that I got. Here are some others.



This 2-wheeler appears to have enhanced its camouflage by resting in an area next to its flashier companion (a St. Paddy's Day scarecrow if you can't quite make it out).  Kind of the opposite of the "ugly friend" strategy.



I probably wouldn't have found this one if I didn't already know it was there!
 
As the keen-eyed among us may recognize, all of these devices (besides the family of cyclists) are at least partially hidden behind something.  Yes.  Sneeeeaaky. 

You may also notice an absence of motorized 2-wheeled devices in my photo selection. I was slightly puzzled, until I convinced myself that motorcyclists are a bunch of wimps and prima donnas who don’t like the wind, or who were scared off by the chance of rain and thunderstorms this evening.  (And, yes, I am much bolder when typing than in real life)  I also noticed it was very windy and things appear to have started growing again! Time to plant something!



If you like 2-wheeled machines, you are bound to see a bunch at the Nebraska MS Bike ride (July 9-10). I just signed up for the ride. This’ll be the 6th year. It’s a good time. This year the ride is from Omaha to Lincoln on day 1, Lincoln back to Omaha on day 2. You can also sign up for just day 1 if you like.
http://bikenen.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=BIKE_NEN_homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment