Monday, March 14, 2011

zee lady and Z Lake


March 14, 2011
Firstly, I’d like to thank you all for your positive comments regarding my latest undertaking, aka Bike Snottery.

Secondly, I must start off by mentioning what many of you may already know: the brouhaha down at zee lake yesterday appears to have been due to three bucks that were stuck in the muck!? The hovercraft was out there trying to rescue the unfortunate critters. 
http://www.wqad.com/news/sns-ap-ne--deerrescued,0,7619383.story Two of the three deer did not survive the rescue attempts, but one did. It appears that the 2 deaths may be due to over sedation. I sad story, indeed. Similar, in some respects to the story of a formerly hot centerfold model you may have heard of named Anna Nicole Smith. Now, despite the setting of the stage, I do not intend to engage in any “muck-raking” here. In fact, I feel kind of sorry for that dreadful pun, which is pretty unusual for me. “What,” you may ask, “does ANS have in common with the 3 bucks?” Well, besides the unfortunate effects over medication, a rather singular piece of music seems to recall the situation of the late Smith and her stagly companions in the eternal etherworld (I like to picture them frolicking about as amorous fauns and a young, naive nymph princess). It is this piece of music: Texan Tenbrae by Marc-Anthony Turnage, a pre-quel to his opera about Anna Nicole Smith. I am serious. If you don’t believe me, and you have a hankerin’ for some moody, romantic-sounding classical music, I think you can hear it here- http://cso.org/ListenAndWatch/Details.aspx?id=15586

Well, as you may know, spring is right around the corner, and boy was I feeling it today. This "springing ahead"stuff sure got me feelin' peppy.   I sprang out of bed and out the door to this beautiful vision of a world reborn!

Well, maybe not currently reborn, but the vague possibility of future rebirth….., maybe?

Luckily after getting to work, I was literally glowing with the happiness of the beautiful sunrise which greeted me as a promise that this week was a new week, and I could make it the best one yet!

Well, maybe not an actual sunrise, but definitely some potential that the sunrise would show up later….. Probably while I was at my cube.

I shucked that pessimistic attitude right off on my way home, however. It was be-yuuuu-tiful out there, and the sun was high in the sky and life was good! I even went back to Z-Lake for some more sight-seeing.  Ah!  Pseudo-nature in early bloom.  Quite a day, indeed!

1 comment: