Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Look up, look down, LOOK OUT, look around...

April 24, 2012
Sometimes it seems as though the world can give you a sign.  Especially if you are aware of your surroundings and you like to think of things as signs.  Well, today on my way to work at the ballet supply store I noticed what was surely a sign from heaven.
I'm not normally aware of any surroundings, but the construction cones and barrel obstacles had heightened my senses - almost as if I were a true urban animal, like a squirrel.  On a bicycle.  Wouldn't that be funny!  I'm pretty sure I saw that on a commercial or on a blog or something recently.

Speaking to of animals, did you know that this Friday is the 2nd Annual Race Against Extinction?!  Wowza!  Save them turtles!  Dodge the hawks!  And always keep an eye out for signs from above, with proper safety glasses in place, dammit!

What else has been happening?  Why of course the new Transportation Master Plan (TRAMP) unveiling block party on May 1st of course!  Here's some additional pub that I happened to catch with my newly-found keen awareness of my surroundings.

Oh, and did I happen to mention that this month is Distracted Driving Awareness month?  So LOOK OUT, dammit!  Stop looking at rainbows and keep your eyes on the roads you bastardos!

Then I looked up and saw that Venus was in transit right above the large moon.  They were right in my face dammit!  No keen awareness required.  Look it up.  And you might have to duck.




No comments:

Post a Comment