Friday, April 6, 2012

Tight Shorts and Wet Tacoes!

March 30, 2012
Nostalgia. The very word makes one's mind wander back in time. Back to that day underneath the trees with some light and a person and some water and stuff. Ah, yes. How 'bout that time when we went out and got all wasted and you woke up on the roof and Mike Tyson punched our friend in the face for fuckin' with his tiger? Yeah. Those were good times.  I am told that the average person's favorite age is 33. 

Nowadays I don't get out much anymore. Just stand at my upright computing station rocking CDs from the 90s and early 00s mostly. I do spend plenty of quality time with bicycles, which makes things pretty good and/or sad, depending on your perspective.

Yesterday I made it out to the Wabash Trace Trail for some Taco Riding. Not riding on an actual taco, mind you, but riding towards a place with tacos. Or tacoes, depending upon your perspective. My buddy Bob had a sweet, patriotic ride. We got drenched by a localized storm.

We drank a couple beers. Some guy rode by and said something about being mean, but I'm not sure what he meaned. We conversed and wore raincoats. The trail was pretty rutted up, so we decided not to inflict additional destruction and pedaled soggily homewards. Our bikes were covered in a gritty, sandy silt. Ah, those were the days.

Then we got back to the parking lot and the guy with the car next to mine was rocking some Dio-Sabbath. Heaven and Hell tour, 2007. Heaven and hell. Two sides of the same coin. Like nostalgia and tonight! How do you do it? Muscle memory? Just close your eyes? Analyze? Feel, love, sex, food, drugs and crabs? Yes. Yes! Indeed.

April 6, 2012
Whew!  Those were great times!  Nowadays I haven't been bicycling as much.  I've been working out on the farms.  Moving couches out to farms.  Eating muy huevos mexicanos con gusto.  I have convinced myself that I may have tendonitis, and I'm using that as an excuse to lie around with a beer and an ice pack on my elbow while watching television.  Oh, yeah.  Now this is living! 

Feeling stressed?  I recommend a possible affliction as an excuse to take a break from the rat race.  Maybe call in sick.  Play some bocce ball.  Go bicycling.  That sort of thing.  Live it up!  Today is your day, dawg!

Have you noticed that many rock stars wear tight pants that are similar to the type of pants worn by many bicyclists?  Is this a coincidence?  I don't know.  But I do know that I would like to have some tight bicycling shorts with some crazy cool patterns on them like those worn by many past, current and future rockers.  Maybe I will endeavor to create some shorts like this.  I will call my line of shorts "Snot Wear" or perhaps "Sticky Snot" or "Snot Where?".  It is bound to be a short path to ultimate success.  Give me a call if you would like to invest in this soon to be huge financial coup. Remember bermuda shorts?  Well, this will be like that except tighter!  You love it!  LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment