Friday, June 22, 2012

Bikehenge rising!

June 22, 2012
As oftimes occurs, I have noticed a pattern of obsessive compulsive obsessive compulsive repetitive behavior (accentuated by increased caffeine consumption) that I think I may have nipped in the bud, so to speak. I almost hosed the Old Bastard off 2 weeks in a row! Yes, it was good that I recognized the potential trap early on, unlike the time I became so fond of Badly Drawn Boy that I bought all six of his studio albums before I realized that by far the best one was the first one I got. Which is, of course, The Hour of Bewilderbeast. Although I am not futilely wiping at my faithful steed, I am back on Bewilderbeast bandwagon. Oh well, 2 steps forward, 1 mellow, slightly funky step back. Some people say that Badly is the U.K.'s version of Beck.  But I'm pretty sure that Badly badly outperforms Beck (at least on Bewilderbeast).  So chew on that all you midnight vultures!

Here is the main reason I am not currently bike washing.

Sure it looks harmless and fun now, but just add water and it's a whole different ball player.
It is also the primary reason the underside of the O.B. looks like this.

And that's with a fender!  Yes this is the mudslide that will likely stay muddy and slidey for sometime. It's not quite the bottomless Mexican mudslide you can order at Chichi's on your birthday, but it will likely be around for awhile since it's got a bountiful source, a fairly stable/flat reservoir, and bikes and pedestrians and roller-bladers don't move much mud.

Yesterday was the longest day of the year. I hope you lived it to its fullest and called in sick today! Good for you! Although I did make it into the bread dough manufacturing plant today, I also had a good time participating in the Taco Ride on the good ol' Wabash Trace Trail yesterday. Here are some things that happened.

Mean Jean had a birthday with cheese, crackers, brauts, and wine! Classy!

    
    Mean Jean is only mean if she gets the paparrzzi (gulp) in her sights.
    I also saw some bicycle police officers

    
     I saw a stack of bikes, which makes me wonder how long it will be before we have a Bikehenge somewhere (hint, hint)
I was thinking of Stonehenge after I saw a headline for this summer solstice story. It looks like it was pretty fun.  It might've been even better if they had Badly Drawn Boy instead of Beck for the background music.  My research wild speculation indicates that BRAN has been to Carhenge 2 times. Here is a photo of Carhenge, but I hear it's even more exciting right in front of your actual eyeballs. It is featured in the locally popular somewhat known film Omaha the Movie. Which is not to be confused with the unreleased Omaha, the Cat Dancer, the Movie which is a far more popular (albeit completely hypothetical at this point) film with a much less local fan base. Also not to be confused with the USS Omaha, a littoral combat ship, to be christened here in town on Monday, even though it won't be built until 2016(!?)  Interestingly enough, I learned about the littoral vessel cat dancer while searching for information about the cat dancer littoral ship.  Weird, huh?     

No comments:

Post a Comment