Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Golemming around with doppleganger interests

June 19, 2012
Are you ever surprised that you have a lot in common with everyone else? Me neither, at least not in my normal mindset. But that is why I am generally stoked to meet someone who I have much in common with. Although he would probably deny it, I think that I have a lot in common with DJ Chi Wai, promulgator of the wide-ranging, informative bicycle-oriented blog known as The Biking Fools. We both like bicycles and web-based journaling. I have him to thank for making me aware of Potter's Pasture, which looks like it would be a lot of fun. Camping. Mountain bicycling in unfamiliar terrain. "Whoo-eee!" says I. We have also both come across some mini-golems/stationary figures during our bicycle-oriented ranging. Here is one that I have met up with the past couple o' days.



Kind of freaky AND cheery!  Giddyup!
Here is the less urban, more foresty one that the DJ happened upon.

I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to participating in a gathering of Taco Riders this upcoming Thursday! The mulberries should be there in abundance, along with throngs of festive bicyclers and related personages.

In other news, my new logo has now been supplied to me by my talented graphic design team (my daughter). Here 'tis for your consideration.

I asked my team for some mud dripping from the tire, but she declined.

2 comments:

  1. Like your new logo! Your kid is good!! Does she like bikes too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you on her behalf. Of course she likes bikes! Everyone in this family does!

      Delete