Friday, October 21, 2011

Beering up for Running Power!

October 21, 2011
Yesterday I was fortunate enough to attend a Big Brothers and Big Sisters sponsored beer-tasting event at Quality Brands beverage distributors facility at 132nd and Giles.

I enjoyed a delightful (and free!) Beck's Oktoberfest, a tour and some information about BBBS, which seems to be a great program. We also got a tour of their storage area where I beheld mass quantities of beverages, primarily of the alcoholic variety.

Our final destination on the tour featured some Michelob Ultra decorated, full-suspension bicycles of dubious utility.

Now I realize that Mick U needs some pub just like other real beers, but Mick U on a full-suspension bicycle? I am not convinced that this is as good a match as I will undoubtedly be to my future little brother who I will call Richard. Michelob Ultra might work alright on a bandana (in fact I'm pretty sure I've got one somewhere), but a full suspension bicycle should at least get Amberbock decals to represent it's allegedly rugged nature. Mick U logos belong on some kind of road bike.

During the tour I learned that Anheiser-Busch really wants to buy Corona, and that it already owns 312 brand beers. Well, hey A-B, if you wanna really good ginger-beer recipe, and you're willing to pay a reasonable price, I'm willing to talk.

As it is the falling time of year, I am spastically training for the upcoming Beer and Bagel Run on November 6, which will undoubtedly be a painful experience for me. The pain may be partially caused by illotibial band syndrome. Or I just might not be properly conditioned for moving rapidly upon my feet. I am always willing to haphazardly embrace any new strategies to attempt to assist me in my half-hearted, feeble attempts at running. The latest training strategy involves something called "one-legged squats" and it is as horrible as it sounds. I can't actually perform one according to specs, but my awkward attempts cause my legs to feel as if I am on the hot rails to hellacious running power! Yes, I am "feeling the burn."

No comments:

Post a Comment