Sunday, August 19, 2012

Corporate Cycling and Warranties! Yay!


August 19, 2012
Item:  Jansport has an awesome backpack warranty.  More on that later.

Today I enjoyed some lovely bicycling along with some 4,500 or so other bicyclists as we partook in the annual Corporate Cycling Challenge here in Omeeha.  I had the Old Bastard down to his fighting weight of only about 2 stone (that's 12,701 grams, if you were wondering).

Felt pretty good out there.  I met up with this guy who were recently purchased a Trek Soho that he likes a lot so far.  Trek's latest version of this bike has been deluxisized and now has a multitude of features and an MSRP of $1,369.99!
This guy has a Soho!  That guy has a hat under his helmet!
Riding was great.  From downtown's ConAgra park we headed north out to Fort Calhoun and back.  We rode through some industrial areas.  Along 16th Street for a while, through some neighborhoods.  It was a pretty nice route.  Different from the one I remember from my last Corporate Cycling Challenge (2008 or so?).  It was misty at first.

I ate a bagel.  Saw some old friends.  One guy broke his chain.  When his teammate was informed of this, instead of laughing derisively as I would have, he actually turned back to render assistance or camaraderie or something!?  Although initially confused, I have been informed that this was actually a feel good moment of stick-togetherness.  Yay!?

I finished strongly, only slightly behind this guy pulling his twin toddlers.

I have heard a lot of people like to ride these funky trikes.
Terra Trikes!  Ready to strike!

Some are called Cat trikes.  I’m not sure if this is a generic term for this kind of contraption or a specific brand.  I do know they go really f-ing fast downhill!  (Ed's note-further research indicates it's a brand name)

So, that’s the summary.  Back to the Jansport warranty.  I had a Jansport Rockies internal frame pack that I purchased in 1997.  It went through a lot.  Sent it back when the pack stays punctured the fabric at the bottom of the pack.  They said it wasn’t fixable, so they sent me a backpack of my choice!  Yay!  Here ‘tis.  A Carson 80 external frame pack.

Seems pretty great.  I’ll let you know how it feels in action someday.

So how has your weekend been?  Great!  Wanna go to Spokes for Jokes on Tuesday?  This week's show  (Pizza Shoppe) starts at 8 and features SkullProv and the Fit.  Alright.  I’ll see you (but not you) there!  Ha ha!  Ha!


2 comments:

  1. In my own warranty story, Blackburn sent me a new head for my floor pump when I called to tell them it wasn't working on presta valves. Easiest customer service call I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know Nick! I'll consider sending them my Mtn Rack if it ever, God forbid, decides to stop hauling my topsoil and or other types of loads around.

    ReplyDelete