Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Do yourself proud!

August 15, 2012
Do you like Heloise? How 'bout DIY in general? If you answered "Helli yeah!" to one or both of these questions, then there is a good chance you are already aware of this website - Instructables! They are great! And a way better value than Lunchables, where you pay for the convenience. In fact Instructables are pretty much the opposite of Lunchables because you don't pay for the inconvenience of building things yourself. Here is the result of my first foray into the Instructable forest.


Yes it is a rotating composter. Yes it is the envy of the neighborhood. You envy, me gloat.  

Although it is perhaps too early to tell, I get the feeling that Instructables may be as addictive as bicycling and web-based journaling. Look out!

This Instructable (for making gymnastic rings for use in performing ergonomically savvy pull-ups and/or chin-ups) took me back to Home Despot where I purchased some PVC pipe (based on my limited experience PVC seems to be the building blocks of Instructables).

Like most pannier pullers, I like to put lots of stuff in them, especially if it sticks out.

Makes me feel like I'm portaging stuff.

I'll be sure to let you know how my latest flight into the magical realm of Instructables goes. Whether you want me to or not!

Hey, my cousin told me about a running type event that is coming up. Some kind of warrior dash-like event at Vala's Punkin Patch. Great. Further research reveals a Mud Run on September 15th with a $65 registration fee!  Let's get a whacky costume and kick out the jams!

Yesterday, as you may have experienced, was nice and cool. I think it was due to this coolness, and perhaps due in part to the excitement attendant with this Sunday's Corporate Cycling Challenge, that there were many of us bicyclers bicycling around town. Here is one of them.

He was too busy rocking the bike to notice my comradely Hello. That's alright. Bike on, unresponsive man on bike, bike the f on!

No comments:

Post a Comment