Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday frolics


September 28, 2012
It is Friday and I, like you, are quite pleased with this.  Today was a fine Friday indeed for this bicycling enthusiast.  I hope that you had a fine one too.  As a matter of fact, my Thursday was pretty good too.  I saw a woodchuck up at Woodchuck Holler.


!  Not a sign of the turkeys.

I guess the 'chuck won the turf war.  Or else the turks are confused about which month it is and have run away from a still distant Thanksgiving.  I don't generally consider depth perception, even in the temporal sense, to be a turkey's forte.  A turkey's forte is parading about clumsily and generally avoiding impact with cars, bicycles, runners, rocks, et al., by narrow margins.  As if they are unintentionally, stupidly, taunting me.  Not you.  Just me.

My Friday was given some added impetus by an invigorating shower that was considerately activated for all of us grimy, morning multi-use trail users.

Ahhh!  I felt peppy enough to stop and snap a nearly indecipherable shot of the recently cleared, former mudslide area.
No mudslide for you!  Take another shower, grimehead!
The good life.  It is a former slogan of ours here in Cornhuskerville.  Like all many Nebraskans, I am forced compelled to enjoy an occasional pilgrimage to our State's sacred football stadium known as (ahhh-ahhh!) Memorial Stadium.  This will indeed be a momentous occasion, as our fearless leader and idol, Thomas P. Osborne is retiring as athletic director of the University.  TPO has been a role-model for many Cornhuskers through the years.  He has inspired many of us with his severely expressionless form of bicycling (unfortunately not yet captured in pixels, maybe now that he's retiring he'll have more time for two-wheeling).

binet.lv
I will be sure to wear something appropriate and do some hooting and hollering.

Then on the way home I met up with a fellow bicycler at Chatty Corner.  We exchanged pleasantries and then he graciously offered me the lead charge down the hill by Woodchuck Holler.  More invigoration ensued.  He did not catch and pass me, which means that he must have been out for a leisurely spin, as I rocketed heavily along on my wreckless trajectory.  Bwwaa-zaa!  The good life is even better on Friday!

I hear there is was a Groupon available for the upcoming Running Dead 5K, which sounds pretty fun.  I hear zombies are popular these days.  A zombie-enthusiast friend of mine enthused about the Morningstar Strain series as well as books by J.L. Bourne.  So get ready for some zombie-eluding fun and get a move on!  Brains!  Hell, if you're lucky TPO will be there!  Just kidding Tom!  Please don't eat my brain!  It's really not worth your time.  It'd be like eating one Pringle!  Go Big Red!

No comments:

Post a Comment