Saturday, September 15, 2012

Okfest II


October 15, 2012
Have you been to an Oktoberfest celebration recently?  Well if not you would probably have a good time there.  Here are some of the fun times that were being had last night at the German American Society hall.

Before I was able to make it to this heavenish event, I first rode through the recently re-moisturized mud slide.

I was tempted to ask a bartender for a German Mudslide at the hall, but I opted for a Warsteiner Oktoberfest and a Spaten Dunkel.  Very goot!

The festivities continue today, so you may want to hustle on down.  They've added a nice beer tent area out back.  Although the crowd was substantial there is enough capacity at this venue that it never felt overcrowded.  Of course there is also this cool looking event at Aksarben Village.  Artsarben.  Music, food, art, beer, and great weather.  Nice combo.

I am now resting up from all the excitement and getting ready for the upcoming Corporate Cup run.  Although most people are going to run for a whopping 10 kilos (of the meter variety), whereas I have opted for the 2 mile run/walk.  Yep.  Nothin' to strenuous for this moderately active man.  I've gotta mow the lawn today, anyway.  Don't wanna overdo it!

Hope your weekend is as festive as ya wanna be!

No comments:

Post a Comment