Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Run for the trees!


September 11, 2012
Sometimes I don't ride my bike for a few days.  It makes me even more lethargic and irritable than usual.  Or gives me an excuse, anyway.  I usually turn to martinis to try to get perked up, with mixed results.
Who are you and why aren't you drinking martinis, mike le?  I mean like me... (retrieved from cell phone Sunday afternoon)
Although I haven't been bicycling for a few days, that hasn't stopped me from noticing some exciting bicycling events that are scheduled to occur right here in River City.  Here is the exciting opportunity to get a bike ride, a brewery tour and an after-tour party all for one reasonable price.  Yes, it's the Lucky Bucket people out there spreading festive vibes yet again.  It takes place on September 21 and starts at Chalco Hills.  I think it costs around $36 for ride/tour/party.  Thanks LB.  I feel less irritable just visualizing it.

Along with martinis, I have also undertaken a vaguely defined exercise regime to prepare for my upcoming corporate running.  Here is the website that has inspired me to undertake in some moderate tree-climbing as a part of my "workout."  It has been pretty fun so far.  I hope to be able to do it in a monkey suit soon.  I'll be a hit at all the Lucky Bucket and kids' birthday parties.

In addition to bicycling events, there are also many running events coming up.  Why, even the always enjoyable Beer and Bagel run ain't too far off.  November 4, I reckon.  A Hawk Watch run at Hitchcock Nature Center on October 20.  I have seen many people out running about and amok.  Here are some cross-country runners negotiating the tricky terrain in the walnut-encrusted Walnut Grove Park.
Run between the walnuts!  They attack by ground and by air!
Another running event that is soon to occur (Friday, October 12 starting at Peak Performance - 76th and Cass location) is this one that raises funds for the Lewy Body Dementia Association.  LBD is a rare disorder that a local endurance athlete, Mr. Gary Julin, has been struggling with.

So if you're feeling irritable, maybe you should get a running start and go climb a tree!  Monkey boy up, primate!

No comments:

Post a Comment