Monday, September 3, 2012

What a weekend!

September 3, 2012
Happy Labor Day!  Wooo!  I went for a bike ride!  Yay!  Swanson Park was in great shape.  A slight rain kept the dust down and gave me some souvenir spattering.
Dust spattering, also note new chain and chainrings in background.
Also didn't break my chain and enjoyed some nice shifting between the middle and small chainrings, the rear 9 seemed a little inexact, however.  Damn gears.  Grrr.  I'll have to attempt some adjusting.

Yesterday, I enjoyed some climbing on the grain elevators also known as the SILO project.  

Although it was busy, people were friendly and it was pretty easy to get a good belay.  Nothing like a good belay, eh?  Feeling nice and relaxed, I headed out to the Festa Italiana where a man impersonating Father Guido Sarducci MC'd the festivities.  My favorite part was the musical performance by this guy.
Festa Fun Fact - that kid in the red dropped his football on the head of the guy in front of him, caught it on the bounce, hesitated slightly, and then made an anonymous get-away!  Smoooth.
Yes!  It's really him!  And by him I mean Johnny Contardo.  My favorite song was a cover of Hall and Oates' classic "Italian Girls."  

What a weekend!  Now this is livin'!  

No comments:

Post a Comment