Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lazily shouldering the discomfort


March 20, 2013
Something that often accompanies a moderately active lifestyle, like my own, is a chance to take a break from moderate activity due to mild injury.  As I have often complained about to anyone who would listen, my shoulder hurts.  Yesterday I was flying homewards on my gritty steed of heavily recalcitrant justice with the wind pushing me powerfully along on a swooping downhill.  Then I hit a little bump and felt a shart sharp pain in my shoulder!  Now, as time goes by, I have reluctantly become used to having at least one dull, nagging pain most of the time.  But sharp pain generally gets my attention.  So I have resolved to cease and desist in my extremely moderate activity until I receive this shoulder brace

that I ordered from Jenson Cycles just now.  I will plan on wearing it while bicycling and while hefting babies.  Especially the hefty ones.  Both bicycles and babies.  I'll probably have to wait to spray down the Bastard too.  Luckily I've got a Beertender full of Heineken and a large tin of popcorn to keep me company on the couch during my recovery.

Well I guess I'll go get some ice on this guy.  Happy spring or recovery or whatever!


No comments:

Post a Comment