Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Springly sprung


March 27, 2013
Hey Homers and Homees.  What is the latest sense/nonsense?  Good.  Good?

Well let me tell you, there is some stuff happening.  Why just the other day I saw this sign in someone's yard.
Nancy Kratky.  Belle of the Spring Balle!
That is a sign of spring.  Other signs of spring include men and women "hawking their wares" on various street corners around town.  And by "hawking their wares" I mean setting up large yard sculptures that you can buy.

Well, everyone knows that spring is that special time of year in which pretty much any bird you encounter is likely to be drunk on fermented fruits of some sort, but did you know that it is also the time of year where mayoral candidates are engaged in some verbal sparring?  Maybe some verbal thrusting.  Parrying.  You get the, touche avec accente!  Mon dieu!

Here is an article I perused in my daily periodical.  It's about bikes and bike lanes!  Yay!  If you don't care to read the entire article I can summarize it thusly, Mayor Suttle is pro-bike lane.  Mayoral candidates Dan Welch and Dave Nabity are anti-bike lane.  Candidate Welch states, furthermore, "I haven't seen a bike yet, but we're backing up traffic."  I don't consider myself a one issue voter, but I do have a very limited attention span, so I've pretty much decided who gets my vote because I'm probably not going to read much more about this bicycle mayoral race.  However a quick bicycle tour around town with the Snot might quickly change this voter's mind!  I've even got a few bikes we could use.  The inaugural Mayoral Candidate Bicycling Voter Wooing Ride is just what the organized bike riding season needs!  How's this weekend work for you?  I'll bring the fermented crab apples.

Speaking of drunken flyers, I watched Flight last weekend.  I didn't care much for the plot, but Denzel Washington's flab acting was captivating.

Denzel is a large hefty big proponent of bicycling, as evidenced by this photograph of DW with the late, great Tony Scott.
www.gossiprocks.com
Gay marriage is a hot topic.  But not as hot as this photo of some gay divorcees avec accentes, no mon cheris?!
ridesabike.tumblr.com

It's also time for Easter.  Kids will be out pedaling bicycles from church to Easter egg hunt to Easter egg hunt to the bar and then more Easter egg hunting and/or flying.  Let's keep an eye out for them.  Also the birds.  Those crazy drunken birds!  I noticed some fat, happy robins had pretty much occupied this tree that had originally been occupied by some fermented crab apples.

There were still some left, so I stopped in to see what all the fuss was about.

Hmmmm.  Not too bad!  The wary, inveterate drunkards were a bit stand-offish at first.  But after I munched down a few perfectly fermented crab apples they seemed to accept me as one of their own.  So grab yourself some fermented crab apples and meet me at the corner to check out the ware hawking/werehawks as we celebrate the Full Moonday tonight and the Maunday Thursday on Thursday!  Get your pagan/Christian mofo mojo working and get festive!  Yah-hoy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment