Monday, March 4, 2013

Mayoral Biking


March 4, 2013
My evening started out wonderfully with a nice dinner.  Then Baby Snot started crying and Teen Snot proceeded to critique my feeding of Baby and Baby spit up down the back of my shirt.  Know what I mean?  Now I'm trying not to hit the liquor because I know that it's only Monday and things are just getting started.  Been there?  Yep.

But I do have a nice, slightly more spacious bike storage area to gloat about.

My old setup required removal of wheels and seats to fit in the 'rage, as shown here.  And it didn't hold Teen Snot's Teen-cycle.  So if you need a classic woody to hang some large to XL bikes on, let me know.  Twenty big dollars and it's yours, if you can swing by and pick it up.  It's a beefy upright woody that'll stand freely and proudly at attention, provided you've got room for this mini-monolith somewhere about your abode.  

I have also learned that a man named Dan Welch is running for mayor here in the Home of the Om.

He wants to lower taxes.  As do all of our candidates, except our current Mayor Suttle who stated that taxes are used for important government programs.  While I do not necessarily want to pay a lot of taxes, I am kind of impressed by good ol' Sutty stating a wildly unpopular idea during an electiony time of year.  It might just be crazy enough to work, dagnabbit!  Or maybe he's just tired of being mayor.  I hope not.  Sutty also gets my appreciation for attending a bicycling movie and participating in National Bike Week awhile back.

If you are running for mayor, or maybe even just thinking about it, perhaps you would like to impress the potential voters by participating in a bicycling event?  Here are some of the options:


  1. Wear Yellow Ride, May 18
  2. Bike for Sight, April 27
  3. Taco Ride, Thursdays
  4. Ride to the tailor to pick up my jacket with me, Saturday March 9.  I think my trusty Illuminite jacket'll be back into zippering condition by then.  Stop by for some pre-ride beverages and grab a solid wooden bike rack if you've got room for it in your limo.  Maybe we can ride around a lake or something too! 

They all sound so good it's tough to choose isn't it?  Well then don't!  Let's do 'em all!  Just let me know if you wanna borrow a bike.  I've got some moderately functional machines that we can spruce up for you mayoral types.  Maybe a bullhorn attachment?  PA?  Howzabout a float on a trailer?  Just let me know and we can work something out.  

Meanwhile, I hear that we USians, aka dwellers in our porkpie hat country on the top of Mexico's well-oiled, luxurious coif, have become locked into our own world and viewpoints and are unwilling to consider other perspectives.  Here's the opinion piece.  Although I'm not really sure what his point is, as an intensely moderately active person with strenuously moderate viewpoints, I like any kind of  opining that uses words like "moderate" and "purge."  To attempt to translate Mr. Bruni's thoughts into the vernacular:

It's like he feels that people either want to ride a Trek Domane 5.9 C or a Rivendell Sam Hillborne and nobody wants a Cannondale CAAD 10.

So let's get moderate and ride all kind of bikes!    

No comments:

Post a Comment