Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Odrenaline and whimpery fear


March 11, 2013
WARNING:  This post has some profanity.  Completely unnecessary profanity!  I'm so ashamed!  Ach!  You should probably stop reading.  If you haven't already.  Wait!  I'm sorry.  I didn't mean it!  Please!  Come back! *(&(*&@$#(!!!!

As anyone who has ever perused this wide-world-web-based journal has experienced in what may feel like a nearly first-hand ad nauseum manner, bicycle propelling here in the large O is 1 non-stop adrenaline explosion.  In your face!  Or as we like to call it here in town, Odrenaline.  Take, for example, these ducks.

Pretty freaking feathery, right?!  Or these geese!

They're necks ain't straight!  Or at least that one on the left.  That other one's got better posture than me (not saying much)!

I encountered these critters when I went out to retrieve my Illuminite jacket from the tailor.  "Are you riding bike?" asked the tailor.  "Hells yeah!" I expostulated exclamatorily.  He laughed his high-pitched, kinda sarcastic sounding laugh like only he can.  Not really sure how to interpret that.  Or life itself.  But bike-riding?  I sure as hells know how to interpret that.  Like this:!  WHHOOOO!

 I'm still coming down from that massive Odrenaline rush!

Sometimes nature herself will intervene in our strange mood swings, however.  And that is what occurred this time, as the earth and other incidental objects...

... became blanketed in snow.  I don't know why this bicycle is upside-down.  Do you?  If so, please explain.  My usual wild-guesswork (which is just how I live life, cranky fool!) would have me believe that the Huffy powerer was fine-tuning her shifting when she noticed it was snowing and decided, "Fuck it." and left.

Speaking of snow, I just picked up the first Red Hot Chili Peppers recording I have purchased since Mother's Milk.  And it's got a song on it that is called "Snow."  It's not bad.  They sing about snow the way only people who hardly ever deal with snow can.  Kind of romantically.

I know, from my knowledge of RHCP lyrics that, "Me, I'm from Mich-i-gan" so I'm sure that AK has been around snow before, but maybe it's been awhile.  The Jupiter half of the Stadium Arcadium double-disc set is so far very melodic.  Kind of annoyingly so, but I'm only through track 6 so far.  I like the Chili Peppers almost as much as they like to ride funky bikes.
thechilisource.com

camissabicycles.co.za

With proper protective gear (i.e., well-cushioned tube socks for their tubes) of course.

I also got a Regina Spektor CD, which is simply beautiful!  Melodic as all fuck, yo!  Regina is also no stranger to the cycle of bi-ness.
http://www.robbrink.com/2006/09/28/regina-spektor-interview/

And she's got a song that mentions snow too.  In kind of a neutral sort of way.

Well I haven't been out to bicycle in this latest batch of snow.  Why?  Well, because, as I explained to a co-worker at my fluffy pet daycare working place, I'm scared of it!  The last few days I've found myself inexplicably curled up in a fetal position more often than usual.  Sobbing.  Afeared of the snow.

I don't mind riding in some snow, but this snow is wet and has now been thawed and re-frozen at least a couple times.  I am guessing it's dense and uninviting.  Plus my shoulder hurts.  And I'm awful scared, mister.  But, as we all know, if yer scared you just have to grit your teeth, stop your blubbering, close yer eyes and ....GUN IT!!!!  I'll let you know how that turns out.

Here are some of the fluffy pets we have at the old pet care shoppe.

Stop on in and cuddle!  It'll make the fear go away.  Hopefully 'til next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment