Monday, April 22, 2013

Rabbit's foot


April 22, 2013
Today was Earth Day, earthlings!  Galactify!  What did you do to celebrate?
I went out for a bicycling ride for a change.  I saw some earth in action.

These rainy days are good days to get out and about for many types of earthlings (e.g., human, animal, vegetable, etc.).  I was aboard my bastardly bike and had commenced careening downhill at speeds that may have been close to 30!  (kilometres per houre - sounds faster than 18 mph, eh?)  I suddenly realized I had struck a glancing blow to a furry bunny with my front tyre!  Yep.  Bunnered the little bunnee, as they say.  I didn't turn around to see what his foot fate held in store.  But I think he might have been (arguably) lucky.  May have only been his foot.   Lucky.  My foot.  I'm just glad he didn't get stuck in the spokes!

In other critterly news, here is a fuzzy photo of a woodchuck that I espied down at Woodchuck Holler.

He scampered back to his home once he noticed the brightly bungling bastard and I barreling down the hill by the holler.  No luck needed to avoid a collision.  Just some recklessly extreme caution and a fear of shadows!

Pursuant to lasterday's post, here's a video that is all about bicycling and stars Morrissey with his co-stars - the rest of the Smiths.

I learned today that the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is now a Bicycle Friendly Campus (silver)!  Whooo-yeah!  I am glad to hear it.  My main memory of bicycling around this campus is coming out from my art class where I had been lovingly chopping up wooden pallets to find that the Old Young Bastard Bridgestone's saddle and seatpost had been seatjacked!  Kind of makes this saddle look a little more comfy, eh?  Shortly thereafter I purchased a saddle/seatpost combo from some guys in a basement who didn't really have a good explanation as to where the parts came from.  Vicious cycle, eh?  Yuk-yuk.  Yep.  But the saddle/seat combo was only $10.  And $2 for the bike seat leash.  I wonder if this whole bicycle-friendly thing was orchestrated by the bike thieves to get more hot seats...

As they say down unda', Lock 'em and load 'em and keep them lucky rabbits outta yer spokes, mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment