Sunday, April 21, 2013

Stickin' it to ya


April 21, 2013
Do you feel like someone "stuck it to you" last time you purchased a fancy bicycle?  Financially, that is?  Well if you don't mind/kinda like having it stuck to you but you don't have a lot of funds to fork over the forking cash, here's another option I was made aware of by a friend of mine.

Do you get honked at when you are out enjoying a nice round of bicycling?  Yes.  Mostly when I'm riding out in the suburban streets/multi-use pathways and motorists get real nervous when they see human-powered two-wheelers and their human companions anywhere near their intended trajectory.  Well I can relate.  When I see a vehicle or pedestrian that might turn into my intended pathway I respond by paying attention to that vehicle/pedestrian, which is my form of honking.  I think the honking is well-intentioned.  In this world there are honkers and honkees.  Also crackers and crackees.  And if you think either of those are funny you are either white or a racist.  Or both.  And if you think that's funny than maybe you will enjoy this video of the infamous Warlock Pinchers in action performing a song that is probably not considered culturally appropriate.

So what have you been up to?  Did you make it to any Earthen Day activities?  How were they?  I did not get out to participate because I was busy getting Baby Snot fitted for one of those infant bicycles.  I know some people prefer tricycles for 4-month-olds.  But those people are having it "stuck to them" by the man.  That extra wheel is unnecessary.  Kind of like the Easton friction paste the instructions on my Monkey Lite XC carbonated handybars tell me I should use.  Screw you, Easton!  I know it's my safety at stake, but I didn't use it on my last pair and I'm fine, as far as I can tell.  "Why do I use carbonated handybars?" you may ask?  Oh.  You're not asking?  Fine.

What other events are appropriate topics to type about these days?  What?  I can't hear you!  Maybe I got some Easton friction paste in my ears.  Screw you Easton!  Oh and thanks for the bar.  Looks good.  But not as good as Morrissey!
www.kerstinrodgers.com


No comments:

Post a Comment