Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hey Loser! You ganked my pannier!


November 7, 2012
As you may (but probably  do not) know, I am a huge fan of the library.  I used to spend a lot of time there as a kid. I even went to a Halloween party there once, and some other kid made fun of my towel that was serving as the cape for my Robin costume.  Although I wasn't happy about that event, I went back and I am pretty sure that the library has given me more than it has taken from me.  It's definitely given me more than my miserly Uncle Ned!  Here that Neddy!  Ya damn penny pinching tightwad!  And I am now once again more than happy to use towels for capes when costuming is necessary.

I went to the library to scan some documents today.  I was pretty happy about the free scanning treatment.
Then I got home and realized that someone had ganked my garage door opener from my pannier!  Obviously I was not so happy about that!

Well, I guess that kinda stuff happens sometimes.  Maybe I'll go the extra dorky mile from now on and carry my panniers in with me whenever I park the Old Bastard.

Why would someone take my garage door opener?  Supposedly to drive around and open my garage door while no one is here and try to take my stuff?  Well there are several problems with this concept, A:  I never leave my house because I have recently been promoted to head distiller of my own moonshine-batching entrepreneurship, B: you probably don't realize that I live at 9583 Parkington Heights View Villa in Whispering Blossoms subdivision, and B12:  it's absurdly easy to reset your garage door opening receiver so that it will not respond to the lost opener, but only to one of the many other garage door openers I have been stockpiling over the years.  So there're 3 booyahs to you thievy boy!   Who's laughing now?  Oh, and you also missed that gallon of moonshine I had in the other pannier!  Because I'm sure that everyone who tries it will love it and that you didn't just try it and put it back!  Right?!  Hahahahaha!

It is starting to get a little cooler these days.  Although it isn't really winter, I am pretty sure that it will get here eventually.  Why, there is even a winter bicycle commuting challenge here in the homey metropolitan area of Homaha.  There is also an upcoming winter bicycling workshop this upcoming Sunday from either 5-6:30 or 6-8 p.m, depending on which source you believe.  Pretty neat-o, eh double wheelers?

This cooler weather has not deterred many cyclists from being out and about, however.  Yes, it seems that bicycling is becoming slightly more popular here in the Whispering Blossoms area and I, for one, am quite pleased with this development.  Soon we will be building bike-oriented coffee houses and bars and amiably mocking one another's blogs in a kind of competitive camaraderie, much like these happy-go-lucky, free-wheeling political types who have been showboating around the country on their custom-built bicycles to help stimulate the economy.
Mitt Romney before aging drastically during his bid for some office or other.  His sidekick Paul Ryan seems as unaffected as he was unhelpful.  From Alaska Velo.

Thanks for participating.  Hey, if you lost your run for office, it might be time to get a bicycle!  'Cause even losers can ride bikes!  Hey, wait!  As my dear old Da would say, "I resemble that comment!"

No comments:

Post a Comment